Mars Thailand Inc. pursues the Sustainable in a Generation Plan of its parent company, Mars Incorporated, aiming to achieve the three key ambitions, “Healthy Planet – Thriving People – Nourishing Wellbeing.” The initiative has kicked off with the campaign to reduce single-use packaging waste and promote the use of reusable or compostable items, aiming to bring positive changes in the society. Mars Thailand Inc. has released its latest campaign, “Exchange and Redeem” for pet owners to join forces in reducing plastic packaging waste, by exchanging their empty dog or cat food bags to redeem discount coupons, which will help build a sustainable environment and address environmental issues.
Mr. Ratchakorn Chenpattanapong, General Manager Thailand & Indochina, Mars Thailand Inc., the business operator of Thailand’s leading dog and cat food brands includingPEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, IAMS® ROYAL CANIN®, CESAR®, SHEBA®, TEMPTATIONS® and the cat litter brand, CATSAN®, revealed that Mars Thailand Inc. has continuously developed products to serve the nutrition and health needs of pets, while staying committed to the Sustainable in a Generation Plan that our parent company, Mars Incorporated, has been pursuing.
Mars Incorporated’s Sustainable in a Generation Plan focuses on three key areas, namely, Healthy Planet, Thriving People and Nourishing Wellbeing.
- Healthy Planet: under this pillar, the goals are to decrease packaging waste and develop eco-friendly packaging that is reusable, recyclable or compostable. This targets to decrease virgin plastic use by 25% by 2025, reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across our value chain by 27% by 2025 and 67% by 2050, reduce unsustainable water use in our value chain in half by 2025 and maximize efficiency in land management.
- Thriving People: strives to improve the lives of people across our value chain from farmers, laborers, women and children. The Thriving People Pillar of our Sustainable in a Generation Plan focuses on increasing farmers’ incomes with programs on good agricultural practices and respecting human rights with the systems in place to prevent child labor in Mars factories across the world as well as the suppliers’.
- Nourishing Wellbeing: the goal is to provide consumers access to transparent information in ways that help them lead healthier lives. This continues on current efforts around improving the nutritional content of Mars products, to enhance food safety and security for all through the mission of Mars Global Food Safety Center. The ambitious goal is to tackle the following 3 long-term complex food safety problems, combatting aflatoxin that can contaminate staple foods, managing microbial risks and ensuring food security.
- “Mars’ business approach focuses on driving positive impacts and minimizing environmental effects in a sustainable way starting from changing from rigorous research and development on food safety challenges to single-use plastic packaging to eco-friendly ones. The Company continuously develop new innovations while ceaselessly improving the quality of life for our stakeholders and surrounding communities,” affirmed Mr. Ratchakorn.
Mars Thailand Inc. has recently launched a campaign for pet owners to join hands in reducing packaging waste and driving towards the sustainable environment goal. To participate in “Exchange and Redeem” campaign, pet owners can bring an empty bag of dog or cat food of any brand, with minimum size of 1 kg. to redeem a discount up to 100 baht on Pedigree, IAMS, Whiskas pet food brands at the participating stores nationwide. The campaign period is extended until 31 August 2021. For more information, please visit Pedigree Thailand and Whiskas Thailand Facebook.
The SHEBA® ® Brand knows that cat owners love cats for their independent spirits, personalities, and discerning palates. That’s why the SHEBA® brand puts cats at the heart of everything it does, creating premium recipes with irresistible real meat, no artificial preservatives or flavors, and designed to entice cats’ unique tastes and desires. The SHEBA® Brand appreciates the relationship between cats and their owners and uses that understanding to celebrate and fuel their unique bond. Look for SHEBA® premium cat food and cat treats at retailers nationwide. For more information, visit www.sheba.com.
About The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at an unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. Working in 72 countries and territories: 38 by direct conservation impact and 34 through partners, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
About Mars Petcare in Thailand
Part of Mars, Incorporated, a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love, the 85,000 Associates across 50+ countries at Mars Petcare are dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. With 85 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets; as well as the WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute which has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years.
About 1,100 Mars Petcare Associates have been serving the nutrition and health needs of dogs and cats in Thailand since 1997 through the distribution and manufacture of our products. Our pet food brands currently available in the market include PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, IAMS® ROYAL CANIN®, CESAR®, SHEBA®, TEMPTATIONS ® as well as our cat litter brand, CATSAN®.
Our factories in Thailand serve as a production base of pet food for the Asia-Pacific region. The first factory was established in 1998 in Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima Province, and the second factory is in Amata City, Chonburi Province. Together, these factories under the entity of Mars Petcare (Thailand) manufacture and export some of the world’s leading pet food brands including PEDIGREE®,️ WHISKAS®, SHEBA® and TEMPTATIONS ®.
About Mars, Incorporated
For more than a century, Mars, Incorporated has been driven by the belief that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. This idea is at the center of who we have always been as a global, family-owned business. Today, Mars is transforming, innovating and evolving in ways that affirm our commitment to making a positive impact on the world around us.
Across our diverse and expanding portfolio of confectionery, food, and petcare products and services, we employ 133,000 dedicated Associates who are all moving in the same direction: forward. With $40 billion in annual sales, we produce some of the world’s best-loved brands including DOVE®, EXTRA®, M&M’s®, MILKY WAY®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, ORBIT®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL™, WHISKAS®, COCOAVIA®, and 5™; and take care of half of the world’s pets through our pet health services AniCura, Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, Pet Partners™, and VCA™.
We know we can only be truly successful if our partners and the communities in which we operate prosper as well. The Mars Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom — inspire our Associates to take action every day to help create a world tomorrow in which the planet, its people and pets can thrive. For more information about Mars, please visit mars.com.
website : www.fyibangkok.com
facebook : https://bit.ly/2LubSvt
instagram : https://bit.ly/3njGxJd
twitter : https://bit.ly/2KYAnBr
youtube : https://bit.ly/35dVFlp
Editorial Staff : firstname.lastname@example.org
She’s also a co-founder of Thailand Closet, located on the first floor of the Bangkok Art and Culture Center.
Oftentimes, she speaks on public relations and marketing communications at educational institutions and other organizations.
Apart from work, she likes to widen her perspective and update herself on trends so that she’ll have fresh new ideas for her work.
- Layers of Tranquility : A Solo Exhibition of Mi Qiaoming - November 13, 2019
- Rebel Live Action #3 “ECO ART” - October 2, 2019